Friday, November 05, 2004

I'm sick. (Really.)

After feeling like ass for two weeks, I finally went to the doctor (which I've been putting off because I'm currently among America's uninsured). I have a sinus infection, an upper respiratory infection--and PINK EYE, which I didn't know anyone got after elementary school. (Stupid preschoolers.) Luckily, the doctor I went to gave me a lot of the antibiotics I needed, so the whole thing "only" cost me $55 plus $12 for the eye drops.

I haven't really slept right for about a week (coughing, headache, earache, sore throat, not being able to swallow), so here I am, at 6 am, on a day I have a medically-approved reason to not be at work, and I'm just waiting another day or so for the meds to kick in so I can finally, FINALLY, sleep for more than an hour at a time.

And how are all of YOU?

3 comments:

Jen said...

It's 7:30 am on Sat and I'm up cuz I still hurt. This sucks ass, yo.

Anonymous said...

Jen, I'm sorry you feel like shit, but at least you have Mr. Wonderful there to take care of you so thats good. I hope you feel better. Love Ya Melissa

Jen said...

Yeah, he brought me flowers again today.

He's the shiznit.