Friday, November 05, 2004

Get your Kleenex ready.

I saw an ad on HBO for a special that's going to be on next Thursday, Veterans Day, called "Letters From Home." Information on the show itself can be found at http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/lastlettershome/ . I have class that night, but I'm going to tape it (assuming we can tape HBO).

In the meantime, you can read some of the letters at http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/11/opinion/11INTRO.html?ex=1101009600&en=2b8140f7741544c4&ei=5087 . I got pretty choked up, but I think we owe it to all of the servicemen and -women to read them.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Ugh. Yeah, I was thinking about that, actually, that maybe you WOULDN'T want to watch this show, just cuz it would make you too sad. Like me and JD.

Also, though, there is a book version of Letters From Home--and shipping is free right now.

Anonymous said...

I don't have HBO but I wish I could see it. I don't think I've cried this hard in years. Melissa

Jen said...

I'll tape it then.

Jen said...

I ordered that book, too.

Jen said...

Jeff taped this for me on Thursday night. I just now watched it (Saturday morning). I have a headache from crying so hard. Having said that, I think it's something everyone needs to watch. I'm sending it to Renee; if there's anyone else who wants to see it, let me know.

Jen said...

Yeah, watching it was hard. Some stories, you know, were sad but didn't really "grab" you the way other stories did. Some of them, seriously, I was almost HYSTERICAL. Still very good, though. (Renee, I'll mail it out when I send out your order, which I got today. Well, it got DELIVERED today. It's at the main office.)