Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Holy f*ck, where did he learn THAT from?

We had an incident in the preschool on Tuesday that I neglacted to tell you about, since our focus yesterday was on election stuff.

A new student came in with her parents yesterday morning. As they were filling out the paperwork, one of our 4 year olds (who, quite frankly, is a handful, and it's damn lucky he's so cute or I would have killed him by now) looked at her and said, in his innocent little voice,

"Who the f*ck is that?"

This happened about two seconds before I walked in for the day. Miss E. was mortified, the parents were shocked and the little Trucker-in-Training wasn't sure why everyone was so upset. Miss E. apologized profusely to the parents while I took J. out into the hall and explained to him that that isn't a nice word to use and that it's especially, especially bad to use at school.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah, but I've slipped up and sworn in front of my nieces and nephews before.

keesh said...

I love Dr Phil Renee, I am waitin for my friend to finish that book so I can borrow it!

As far as the swearing goes, we have slipped up around here and Mason has picked it up, but we correct ourselves and say 'Daddy shouldn't have said that" and we tell him it is naughty if he repeats it. Sounds like the little guy doesn't even know it is a bad word, like he wasn't like "oh crap, I shouldn't have said that word"...that is what makes it so terrible I think, but human error is inevatble (SP???) so we all make mistakes and do things we shouldn't in front of "our" kids......