Monday, November 29, 2004

Christmas songs that piss me off.

Since there are stations here in metro Detroit that have been playing NOTHING BUT CHRISTMAS SONGS SINCE NOV. 7--and since I spend an obscene amount of time in my car-- I have already spent quite a bit of time this season listening to holiday music. Some of the songs, quite frankly, irritate the hell out of me. Here are the top 3 Christmas songs that I cannot freakin' stand:

1) O Christmas Tree
First of all, does anyone really know any of the words to this song besides "O Christmas Tree"? Seriously, I dare any of you to give me even the second line (WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP--and you're on your honor here).

Secondly, this song gets stuck in your mind and YOU CANNOT GET IT OUT. In fact, I bet you're singing it right now. And that's unfortunate for those around you, since, if you're like most people, you're either a) singing the first line over and over or b) singing the first line and humming the rest.

2) Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
Have you ever "rocked" around the Christmas tree? I mean, seriously? This song just pisses me off cuz it's so--I can't even say "gay," because even GAY people don't "rock" around the Christmas tree.

3) The Hippopotamus Song
The girl who sings it just irritates the living piss out of me. Even more so than that little unattractive blonde girl who used to do the commercials for Welch's Grape Juice. Plus, the song is just STUPID.

(You can't tell that I'm PMSing, can you?)

5 comments:

keesh said...

Ok, you are being so harsh on these Christmas songs. I think the hippo one is so cute! The Christmas Tree is "O' christmas tree, I love your shining branches" after that, you are right, just goes back to the first like. I LOVE Christmas times and the songs too. Brenda Lee sings my absolute favorite which you also slammed. And I have a wide variety of my own collections, from Nat King Cole, to Bing Crosby (nice slam renee) and Destiny's child and Jessica Simpson.....but NKOTB sounds good right now. I am going to ebay to see if they have it. Good idea Renee....

keesh said...

Damn, I looked for the new kids Christmas CD/tape on Ebay, like $20 it is going for. Sure wish I would have saved mine! Damn!

Jen said...

Hey, I didn't say that I dislike ALL Christmas songs. I just hate a) Christmas songs a week after Halloween and b) certain songs.

Jen said...

I have Babyface's Christmas CD too and you're right, it's really good. And I think I'm getting Clay Aiken's Christmas CD--I LOVE his voice, it's so powerful, so it should be amazing.

Jen said...

NO CD player and my tape player is broken. So yeah, I'm pretty well stuck with the radio.