Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Seriously, folks

I know everyone's bent over the Target-Salvation Army thing. And by everyone, I don't mean just YOU guys, but lots of people. But I cannot stress my point enough: Target is an excellent corporation who, among many other things, gives back over $2 MILLION EVERY WEEK to the community. The stores have Good Neighbor programs where the team members volunteer for certain projects; ie: highway clean up, Habitat for Humanity... the district John was in before we moved down here had an annual one for Camp O'Malley in GR. It's a camp for high-risk kids, and I'm not sure if they're non-profit or very low-profit or what, but the place gets torn UP every year. And every fall, after the kids have gone back to school, HUNDREDS of people from the stores in that district (and their families, friends, as well as other companies) go in and clean it up. Paint, repair windows, doors, cabins, plumbing, clean clean clean. It's my favorite one to do.

Anyway, there are too many to list, but Target is constantly giving back. Here's a couple links if you're interested in seeing some of the many things Target IS doing for our communities.

http://target.com/target_group/community_giving/index.jhtml

http://target.com/target_group/stores_services/redhotshop.jhtml

Again, there is nothing *I* can do about Target's decision; I am sorry, however, that is has so many people so put-off. I love Target; they have gone above and beyond many times for my family. They treat their employees VERY well and we're fortunate to be a part of it.

Thanks for listening to my side :-)

No comments: