Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Degrees and angles and cosines, oh my.

Just to quickly update you: as many of you know, in addition to my education classes, I'm taking a math (trig, to be exact) course this semester. I have been DREADING it because I am not very good at math, to say the least (I attempted a college algebra, which is like advanced algebra, one semester and had to drop it; however, I HAVE to take a math class this semester and I have to get at least a C. And it can't be like "consumer math," the class I had my senior year of college, which taught you how to make change and write a check and stuff. (I ROCKED in that class.)

Anyway, I've had a couple of trig sessions so far and last night we had our first homework assignment. Out of approximately 25 questions, I was able to complete all but 3 relatively confidently. And I'm not really too worried about the ones I couldn't figure out, as I'm pretty sure I'll never had to compute the amount of material needed to construct a tent that's 4 ft. high, 6 ft. long and meets the ground at a 40 degree angle. (However, if any of you can figure out the answer, let me know.)

Granted, this is only section 1-1, but if I can keep it up all semester, I'll do okay. I just can't let myself fall behind (and I HAVE to go to every class). I'm going to be treading water just to stay afloat till December, but I'll do it. I don't have a choice. I MUST CONQUER THIS CLASS.

That is all.

No comments: