Monday, September 13, 2004

And to think we're still together.

I took Jeff to Holland this weekend so he could meet my dad, sisters and nieces and nephews (the only relatives he had met so far were my mom and Steve). Overall, things went pretty well, I think (though I'd like to hear JEFF'S version of events). ;)

On Friday night, we met Dad for dinner. They seemed to like each other well enough; afterwards, Jeff mentioned that Dad was "a little goofy" and I had to break the news that, actually, that was Dad in his "normal" mode--Jeff hasn't even SEEN goofy yet. On Saturday, he met Katey, Missy, Nikki and 4 of their 5 kids (Paige was spending the day with her "dad"). That evening involved dinner at my favorite South Haven restuarant; later, at the beach, we watched the sun set from the pier. (I think this was MY favorite part of the weekend.) The next day, we were in full Tourist Effect at Dutch Village; he also met Paige before we headed back out of town.

For those who are bitter that I didn't call whilst in town...let's just say that I was so focused on getting all of my family into the weekend (and for only-child Jeff, that was enough of an overload for him, I think) that it didn't even OCCUR to me to try to throw friends into the mix, too. Yes, I suck.

No comments: