Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

I'm heading over to some friends' for a Memorial Day barbeque, but I wanted to take a moment to remember what this day is really about. It's been almost 2 1/2 years already since I lost Grimm (Matt) and I still think about him all the time. And today, as I enjoy the food, fun and friends that has come to represent Memorial Day for most Americans, I'm not just going to stop and honor THE fallen heroes who have made a day like today possible (although I do appreciate every single one of them, from the bottom of the heart). Today, I'm going to stop and honor MY fallen hero.

I miss you, Grimm--and thank you.

1 comment:

Fred said...

Happy Memorial Day to everyone at Broken Road.

And Jen, check out the latest study guide I posted. Maybe you can start a trend at school. (Not.)