Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Pure Romance update

After receiving my kit in early March, I had my "coming out" party this past weekend. I invited a bunch of teachers and had a dry run at doing the PR Consultant thing again. I told them that the night wasn't so much about selling stuff, it was to give me a chance to go through my demo again and get in some practice before doing "real" parties. I had a great turn-out, though: it was probably about 12 altogether. Total sales at the party were only about $130, but then the orders started flowing in on Monday: my final amount was over $400. At first I was feeling like my demo sucked and that's why no one wanted anything, but since so many of them ordered afterwards, I think it probably had more to do with them not wanting their coworkers to know they were ordering, period. =-) (Although the most "prim and proper" teacher was the first one into my ordering room on Saturday night, which was funny. As she was leaving, I casually called out, "Okay, Amy, so I'll get that double-headed dildo in for you as soon as I can," and I thought she was just going to DIE.)

However, I didn't get any parties booked that night: mostly because--sadly--most of us don't really HAVE a lot of outside friends, because so many of us are relatively new to the area. So I need to start rustling up more "cold" parties, which is hard. After reading the PR message boards, though, I came across an idea that I never would have thought of. Many consultants said that they had a LOT of luck by setting up a Myspace page for their business to reach women in their area. I set mine up on Sunday night (complete with a false testimonial from Nee, LOL), starting contacting ladies--and I have 3 women interested in having a party in the immediate future and a few others interested a bit down the road (one is moving right now, for example, but wants to have one in May). Not a bad start. I don't have them OFFICIALLY booked yet, but I think they were sincere when they said that they had to talk to friends, check schedules and get back to me.

Check out my page at http://www.myspace.com/prbyjenniferk and tell me what you think!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the page but maybe you should try a different pic other than the one you already use for your personal MySpace page. No biggie, just a thought. Love the song too. Too bad you are so far away, I would love to book a party.

Jen said...

THanks!

Jen said...

Hey Lynda:

I have a thought. How about a book party? You still get the hostess credits, but I'd just send you a bunch of catalogues and you can pass them around and collect orders. Its an even EASIER way to get free stuff. What do you think?

keesh said...

Jen, I am really happy things are going good for you! But how the HELL is Sanjaya still in the running for AI? And how the HELL did Gina go before Haley? WTF...i am about ready to ban AI....

Jen said...

Wow. Kish said "hell." TWICE. It must be pretty serious. =-) And it was in caps, even.

No, for real, I know. The judges are so funny now, when he sings, they're pretty much like "Yeah, whatever." Cuz they KNOW that it's not even about singing with him anymore. And it doesnt matter what they say, because they've basically said "dude, you suck and you make our ears bleed" and he still sticks around. NOT EVEN IN THE BOTTOM THREE. I'm just so irritated.

I wonder if this is the end of American Idol. I did read that ratings are down this season.

I'll play with the pics over the weekend.

keesh said...

and what the FUCK does that mean? HA HA HA :)...

JH said...

if it were me, i would replace your picture with a double headed dildo... Ok, I am kidding, but it was just a fun thing to type.

If you still lived in Michigan where I currently have 1.5 inches of snow in my yard, I would host a party... see and we don't even really know each other, except for the blog world. I always thought a pr party would be fun. I sure your weekends will soon be jam packed with parties in FL.

And I think I may be alone, but I love love love that Sanjaya is still in it. It makes me laugh out loud. I get so excited every week. Yes it's ruining the show, but I am loving to watch it sink.