Saturday, April 14, 2007

An actual transcript from last night's phone conversation

Dave: You're so beautiful, Jen. And you're so smart.
Jen: Oh, crap.
Dave: What?
Jen: My shirt's on backwards.
[Turns it around while Dave continues]
Dave: So anyway, you're so pretty, and you're so damn intelligent. That's what I like the most about you. I mean, I can have REAL conversations with you--
Jen: DAMMIT!
Dave: What's wrong, baby girl?
Jen: NOW my shirt's backwards!!
Dave: Huh?
Jen: It was on right the first time. Then I switched it around. And NOW it's backwards.
[Turns shirt around. Again.]
Jen: You were saying?
[Pause]
Dave: You're pretty.

6 comments:

Madre said...

Hahahahaha...I hope Dave realizes just what a woman he's got in you, Jen.

JH said...

did i miss a post is dave back?

Jen said...

LOL. JH, he was never technically "gone"--we just kind of took a break, but it wasn't really a break either, cuz we still talked and emailed every day and saw each other on weekends. we basically slowed down and adjusted back to a normal speed.

I'm glad to say, tho, that as of tonight we're "officially" together again. Happy 2 month anniversary to us!

PS--Renee, He talked to Katey on the phone tonight. He was like, "Do you know how beautiful your sister is?"

Katey: "Are you drunk?"

LOLOL

Dave: "No, I'm not DRUNK. And anyway, I thought she was beautiful the minute she opened the door, when I first got here."

Katey: "Did you GET there drunk?"

Hhehhehehehehehe.

Jen said...

PS--thanks Lori!!!

Jen said...

The funniest part was just hearing HIS end of the conversation, LOLOL.

I.e.: Dave: "Your sister is so beautiful." Pause. "No, I'm not drunk."

LOLOL. I just howled. Of oourse, the copious amounts of champagne probably didn't hurt.

Jen said...

It was potent as hell, LOL. champagne really DOESNT age well, as we discovered.