Thursday, April 05, 2007

Sniff sniff

SPOILER: IF YOU DIDN'T YET WATCH SCRUBS TONIGHT (BUT PLAN TO), DON'T READ THIS POST!!!!!


I just bawled at Scrubs; one of the (relatively) major characters died (I won't say who, just in case someone didn't watch it yet and chose to ignore my spoiler above). She was in a car accident in last week's episode, but I didn't think they'd actually kill her off, simply because she WAS a fairly major player on the show (she's been on since the start, in just about every episode, to varying degrees of "centrality"--ooh good word). Anyway, the episode ended with Carla saying a very emotional goodbye at her bedside and then the voiceover said something to the effect of: "Somehow, patients sometimes know to hang on just long enough to make sure everyone has a chance to say goodbye"--and then you hear the monitors flat-lining and you see her hand holding her rosary and I'm just BLUBBERING (I am PMSing, though, which makes me particularly susceptible right now).

Anyway, it was just a really sad show and I'm really sad to see her go. (I'll say who it was in the comments.)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Laverne, that nurse. She always cracked me up, the way she'd just look at certain characters and be like, "YOU need Jesus."

I'm tearing up again and she's not even real, LOL