Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I found a roommate!

(Have you noticed that I've posted every day since I started my Spring Break? Yeah, I have all kinds of time on my hands.) ;)

Anyway, I found a roommate! I had been talking to this guy through roommates.com (the site through which I originally found Frank, and I figured that since the "male roommate" worked so well the first time, I might as well try it again). We hadn't met yet or anything, though--we were just emailing back and forth.

Then, on Sunday night, I got an email from a girl named Lauren. She's 27 and is moving down here in June from Ohio. She's a trauma nurse or--a trauma something, I'm still figuring it out. Something medical, for sure. =-) Definitely trauma-related. Anyway, from our very first emails, I had that same comfortable, "clicky" feeling I had when Frank and I first started emailing. This other guy, he was nice enough and everything, but we had never moved past the more formal, polite stage. Lauren and I almost immediately slipped into this comfortable, easy--friendship, I guess. I'm really excited, and I can't wait for her to meet my group of teachers. I think she'll fit in well, and I hope it makes her feel a little less nervous about moving down here, knowing she'll already have a group of people to hang out with on her nights off (she works nights).

She's coming down in May for some job stuff, so we'll get to actually meet then. In the meantime, we're sending in our application to an apartment complex we like. (Both of us have somewhat, ah, "less than perfect" credit, so we'll see how it goes. The place said, though, that if our credit was REALLY bad, we may just have to pay more in security deposits or something. As another backup plan, the mom of one of my students is in charge of an apartment complex by my school, so we may have an advantage there, as well.)

For those of you on myspace, she's in my top 12 now, so check her out.

Yay!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm flipping you off, Anna.

;)

keesh said...

Yeah, what happend to the single MOm thing?

Jen said...

Long story. It involves Dave and eloping and her going with her old roommate