Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Well, THAT sucks

As part of my ongoing Blurry Eye Saga, I had a brain MRI last Wednesday. My doctor called yesterday and said he wanted to "discuss the results" with me and to call him this morning. (I already had a bad feeling after listening to his message, because he had no problems leaving an "everything was okay with your blood tests results" message on my voicemail the week before, so I was a bit concerned that he didn't just say "everything was okay with your MRI" and leave it at that.)

Anyway, I finally connected with him this afternoon. APPARENTLY, the MRI found "multiple spots on my left parietal lobe." That's all he can really tell me right now, as--he reminded me several times--the brain isn't his area of specialty and he would "hate to speculate and cause me undue worry." (Thanks, doc, but the whole "multiple spots on the brain" thing already shot THAT to shit.)

So I'm being referred to a neurologist, who will be able to tell me more, run more tests (possibly including, my doctor said, a lumbar puncture--CRAP), etc.

I'll let you know. In the meantime, I think I'm gonna go ahead and not worry about my student loans for a while. Oh--and I ordered a LARGE fry at Mickey D's tonight for the first time in years. Diet be damned!

(PS--Mom Googled some key words tonight and discovered that I have a cavernous brain, or something. I really didn't understand a single freakin' word on the site but it was supposed to be reassuring, I guess.)

It's okay, though. Thank God I have reassuring, tactful and supportive lifelong friends.

"I'm sure it's nothing, right?" I said at the end of a slightly panicked phone call to Renee.

She hesitated. "Well," she said. "What with the blurred vision and all, it's probably SOMETHING."

15 comments:

Mom said...

LOLOLOLOL

Thanks for making me laugh about this (again).

Mom said...

RIGHT.

Jen said...

Hahahhahahhahhahhaah. You are such a skank.

I thought about writing a will, but then I realized I really don't have anything. So you all will have to fight over my sex toys and books. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Jen said...

SHIT.

Mom just informed me that a lumbar puncture is a SPINAL TAP.

Jen said...

Yeah, you're all torn up.

Jen said...

I told Mom to call you. During our conversation tonight, she said something about how I'm not gone "yet."

Mom said...

Renee -

It's not cavernous brain, it's cavernous angioma of the brain.

Mom said...

Because you said Tweak was feeling your spirit.

John Cowart said...

Don't know anything about the brain thing... but you have a good heart.

Wishing you the best.

Jen said...

Awww...thanks, John.

One of the teachers here wanted to pray with me and she got all choked up. I told her that if there was anything I could do to help her through this difficult time to let me know. At least I got her laughing.

Mom said...

With so many people praying for you, it will be ok.

Jen said...

Not really, Mom. I'm not saying I WILL die, I'm sure it's fine. I'm just saying that if that were true, then no one would ever die. Lots of people get cancer and have hundreds or thousands praying for them and then they STILL die. So the two aren't necessarily related.

Nik said...

Okay, Deb,Renee, and Jen-- you are too funny! Ya may not agree with me, but laughter is the best medicine. In this case it's acceptable to laugh and joke, cuz as of right now, there's nothing wrong.

Jen, I love ya and will be thinking of ya.

(Surprisingly, not gonna be a smartass this time though. lol)

keesh said...

You know I will be praying for ya girl. Keep me posted! Maybe those are your "Smart Ass" spots :). you know cause you are such a smart ass and all, but not everyone is that way, so maybe you have spots for that reason...in all seriousness though, it is probably nothing to worry about...

Mom said...

I SAID it will be ok.