Thursday, November 30, 2006

Ick

The air conditioning on the 2nd floor broke yesterday. I, of course, am on the second floor. Although it's not THAT hot here this week (relatively speaking)--only in the 70s or so--it is SO muggy and humid in the school. I finally took my afternoon classes down to the cafeteria (on the first floor) to work today because it was so stuffy that you couldn't even think after a while; kids were becoming light-headed and dizzy; everyone was cranky; and several students (and me) were starting to have asthma/breathing problems. When I came back upstairs just now, the papers sitting on my desk were actually DAMP from the humidity.

Seriously, it's miserable.

4 comments:

keesh said...

And we have a snow storm watch and could get up to a foot of snow or more by morning...strange how the weather is so different...

Jen said...

And dont even get me STARTED on my hair. I laughed when I got home and looked in the mirror...white girl Afro in full effect. Holla!

Jen said...

Oh and it's in the 80s now. I know, coming home to...THAT is gonna be a shock.

Jen said...

Yeah I have the shampoo, not all the other stuff though. You just put the cream on your dry hair??