Thursday, November 23, 2006

I'm thankful...

...that I made it to Florida this year
...that I'm finally a teacher
...for the incredible view on my way back from Tampa tonight (the sun setting over the Gulf of Mexico)
...for the joy that came with giving Justin's Crown Royal away to some random Mexican guys in the parking lot
...for this laptop, my belated birthday present
...for my friends, old and new
...that the cop who pulled me over about 22 seconds into my trip today let me go with just a warning ("It's a STOP sign, ma'am, not a YIELD sign")
...for my family, as dysfunctional as it may be
...that I have THE BEST name picked out for my future daughter: Alike (pronounced A-lee-kay), after one of the models on Deal or No Deal
...for Deal or No Deal
...that it's Thanksgiving and in the 70s. Why would people live anywhere else?

4 comments:

Nik said...

If it makes ya feel better, she doesn't return any phone calls!

I'm thankful for my crazy, drama-filled, sometimes psycho, slightly neurotic, massively assinine (myself included) family members! (Of course there are other things I'm thankful for, but that's the most important one).

Jen-- you rock my world and I love you!

Fred said...

Oh, and it will be in the 80s this weekend. We're going to the beach.

keesh said...

I am thankful for all my friends, family, especially my husband and son. I am thankful for a wonderful Thanksgiving without any drama from my mother :). that is a blessing in itself.

Fred - SHUT UP :)...

Mom said...

I want to live there too.