Monday, November 06, 2006

Tow truck driver who?

Wow. It was a heck of a weekend.

WOW.

On Friday night after work, we teachers met up at a Mexican place for drinks (which led to a surprise impromptu belated birthday celebration, complete with a slice of birthday cake and being serenaded TWICE with the birthday song--the second time by a mariachi band...but I digress). One of the teachers invited some of her guy friends to come out and meet us...and the rest, as they say, is history.

Justin and I immediately clicked by--what else--talking mad sh*t to each other. We're both incredibly smart-assed and sarcastic, and once we got going we were hard to stop. The table couldn't tell if we liked each other or hated each other. As we all realized pretty quickly, it was definitely the former.

We were INSEPERABLE this weekend. I saw him Friday night. Saturday night (the only reason we weren't together during the day is because he was at work) and all day Sunday. And I mean ALL day, from like 9 am to 8 at night. And he has an 18-month-old daughter, whom I met on Sunday. "She really likes you," he said at one point. "Well, no shit," I affectionaly and compassionately replied. "I'm a teacher. Kids are my thing."

Here's the best part--he's 24.

(HELL, YES. GO, ME.)

And he's freakin' adorable and has a baby face and normally isn't my type at all--he's short (maybe 5'5") and skinny as hell (I think he weighs less than me) but DAMN if he didn't suck me in with that sarcasm. He has an incredible smile and beautiful eyes. And he doesn't SEEM so young, probably because he's seen his share of crap. He's divorced--yes, I know. My first thought was "24 and already divorced??" But if you heard the story behind it, you'd understand. And that past is the reason I forget that he's 24 when we're together; he's more mature than a lot of older guys I've dated. And he's SUCH a good daddy. You should see him with his daughter.

Anyway...I'm trying really hard not to go too fast or get too attached too soon and all that, but right now, we're definitely in that new-relationship "love buzz" phase and damned if we're not going to enjoy it while it lasts. (After being together for almost 12 hours yesterday, he called me when he got home and we talked for another 2 hours. Seriously, it's enough to make you sick. =-)

And, and PS--tow truck driver called me like 15 times between Friday night and Saturday night. Needless to say, I'm not calling HIM back.

12 comments:

Jen said...

PS--he's the first guy who completely, 100% matches the psychic's description from last year.

I'm just sayin.

keesh said...

So you are ditching poor tow truck guy after what he did for you :)? Maybe you should call him and say "Um yeah, I think i have met my future husband, see ya." :)...I am happy for you that this all clicked and you had such a nice time with him. Heck, the age thing really is just a #, as long as he is mature and all. and he is friend of a friend, so you know other people approve :)...congrats and keep us in the loop!

Jen said...

Well, he drove me to the place cuz his boss told him too. Yeah, he waited around, but that's pretty much cuz he was sniffin' around and what not.

keesh said...

Nee, "he got my strait trippin dog." you are funny!
Thanks for the card, I got it the other day girl :)

Jen said...

Will someone please tell my mother that the phrase it NOT "bumping boots"? She's used it twice in email so far. (She's also now worried that he'll leave me for a younger woman when I'm 50 and he's 44. Yes, THAT is where her mind immediately goes. And that's her ON meds.)

keesh said...

what phrase would you like your Mother to use? :). Deb, can we focus on the more current state. Maybe make tenitive wedding plans or something....15 years from now is so far away...

Jen said...

Hhahahahah Kish, "making wedding plans," tentative or not, is NOT the current state of affairs.

keesh said...

Jen - I was just trying to get your Mom to focus a little more near the current times and not 20 years from now. anyway, if you keep going the rate you are going, you may be married before too long :)

Nee- no problem~! You didn't have to send me a card at all. at my age they are getting harder to read and all :). HA

Mom said...

I said it the second time cuz I knew it was wrong.

Like with Steve and baseball, I say points instead of hits just to get a reaction. :-)

Jen said...

No, it was a different guy who brought me the inhaler.

And for the record, I'm not just dumping Eric cuz of Justin. It's also because Eric called like 15 times between Fri night and Sat night

keesh said...

and how is that different than you hanging out with a new guy for like 36 hours when you just met him? Poor Eric... :). just kidding!

Jen said...

Ok, FIRST OF ALL

1) at least this time, it's mutual

2) I didn't do that crazy shit within 24 hours of MEETING the guy. Sheesh