Monday, October 09, 2006

My next career

If this teaching thing doesn't work out, I already have my next career move ready: I want to be a Coyote.

This weekend, I watched a marathon of The Ultimate Coyote on CMT. Women from all over the country vied to be crowned the ultimate Coyote Ugly girl (I'm sure you've seen the movie--and if you haven't, go rent it now). Well, let me tell you--the real thing is even more fascinating than the film version. I was enthralled. Now, never mind the fact I don't have the body for it (yet); I can't even dance on terra firma, let alone on a narrow, slippery bar or the fact that I've never bartended a day in my life and know a grand total of maybe five drinks. (Also, I don't have cowboy boots *, which no self-respecting Coyote would be caught dead without.) I WANT TO BE A COYOTE.

After a full day of watching these girls with their skinny legs and tight, flat tummies prance around on the bar, though (not to mention boobs that are up where they're SUPPOSED to be), I have to tell you: I'm getting my ass to the gym every single day this week.

*Note to Mom: excellent Christmas gift idea

7 comments:

Nik said...

If you really mean it, more power to ya! I personally think it'd be funny to watch, but hey, do what you do!

John Cowart said...

I'm not sure what a Coyote is, but it certainly sounds intriguing.

Jen said...

John: http://www.coyoteuglysaloon.com/

AND THERE'S ONE IN TAMPA!! I AM SO THERE!

Mom said...

I guess I missed it. What excellent Christmas gift idea?

If you like that, you'll like the Dallas Cowboys show. A&E I think. This week they are starting training camp. :-)

keesh said...

Deb - she could mean a membership to the gym?

Jen said...

Yeah I saw that show, Mom, but it's not as good as the Ultimate Coyote.

Mom said...

Yeah Renee -

She'd wear them once.

Maybe.