Thursday, December 30, 2004

I have a plan.

As some of you know, Jeff gave me drumsticks and a drum pad for Christmas. He used to play and is going to teach ME how to drum, too. We've already started lessons and he says that I'm a drumming genius. (He didn't actually use those words, of course. I had to read between the lines a bit.)

So here's my plan. I'll play the drums and Jeff can start playing the guitar again (yes, he used to play that too). Then we'll have like 7 kids and go on the road. Kind of like the Osmonds, only we'll play 80s rock ballads and stuff (a little Bon Jovi, anyone?). We'll be livin' on a prayer. AND, I can still use my teaching degree to homeschool our kids.

I really think I'm onto something here.

13 comments:

Renee said...

LOLOLOL. Oh dear. Jeff, you've created a monster! And Jen, I'd like to know what words he DID actually use :-)

Jen said...

I don't think we need to bother ourselves with "exact words", do we?

Renee said...

Hehehe. Yeah, I think we do. Cuz I've known you for a long time and nobody's ever mistaken you for a musical genius. Literary genius maybe, but not musical. :-)

Jen said...

LOL. Okay, seriously, what he said, for real, was that I was doing really well and that he was impresed that I was catching on so quickly.

That's honestly what he said.

keesh said...

and I have a name picked out for your band, The J&J Band...ha.

Renee said...

Wow, I'm impressed, too! :-) Good band name Kishelle!

Jen said...

Don't worry, we won't forget you guys when we're famous.

J said...

Actually jen is doing very well.. she catches on very quick.. though she will never match my skill.. she is willing to learn and thats really all that matters..

Jen said...

"Though she will never match my skill"....gee, babe, that was ALMOST a sweet post. ;)

Anna said...

I meant to say some time ago that the whole idea is scary.
That's all I have to say about that.

Jen said...

LOLOLOL.

What, me becoming a drummer is scary? Or us forming a band? On Osmond-like band (that plays Bon Jovi songs)?

Renee said...

I'm thinking it would be more like a Brady Bunch band, rather than am Osmond-like band :-)

Anna said...

Yeah, it's the family band thing that's scary. Nuff said.