Saturday, December 11, 2004

Checking in.

I've had a pretty busy week, finishing up my semester (I'm now down with my education classes; the unofficial grades look pretty good. Jeff calls me his "little nerd"). I still have trig to get through; I have one more chapter test on Monday (which I am going to bomb, but I've done well enough this term that one bad test won't totally sink me); after that, we have review day for our final and then, on the 20th, we have our final and we're DONE.

I'm trying to find work for the two weeks the preschool is closed (the week before and after Christmas); I've been talking to the parents, seeing if anyone needs a babysitter for those two weeks, but a lot of parents have time off, too. Losing my piddly little child care income for 10 (working) days won't exactly leave us out on the street, but it'd be nice to keep SOME money coming in.

On a side note, I'm having a bitch of a time coming up with Christmas presents for Jeffrey. I know what he likes: NASCAR, gaming, beer and music, not necessarily in that order. But I don't want to get him Tony Stewart stuff because that's been done; I don't know which CD's or video games he has and which ones he would want; and somehow, I don't think a 6-pack of Bud will cut it. I'm about to resort to asking him to just provide me with a list. (I've always prided myself on being able to provide significant others with personal, un-prompted holiday gifts; I've never needed a "cheat sheet" before.) If anyone has any ideas, please email me. (Don't post them here, ya dillholes.)

Ho, ho, ho.

No comments: