Sunday, December 05, 2004

Rice and Jello?!

I fear that this was lost in the Thanksgiving shuffle (I just discovered it tonight), so I needed to make sure I brought this to everyone's attention.

Lisa posted an idea for a dish she calls "glorified rice." It was passed down from her late grandmother and is comprised of orange Jello, whipped cream and rice. MIXED TOGETHER. IN THE SAME BOWL.

JELLO. And RICE.

I'm not making this up, guys. It's in the "Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving" thread.

Am I the only one who is thrown off by this? Or is everyone else but me eating Jello and rice? Also: what weird things do YOU all eat?

3 comments:

Jen said...

Just a few general comments so far:

1) I actually also love saltines/peanut butter/cheese. Really, Anna, it's good.

2) Renee, your breakfast combo there sounds a lot like those McGriddles at Mickey D's. ;) I think that's what they are, basically, eggs and bacon on pancake type thingies. So yeah, I think it would be DAMN good (since I love the McGriddles; in fact, just talking about it almost makes me want to wake up before noon on a weekend so I can get one again. Almost.)

Jen said...

Dude, you called me "Jennifer."

OK. Mom would make Tuna Casserole but without Tuna (she's put that canned chicken in instead), it's basically noodles, peas and cheese...and then I smother the whole thing in ketchup.

The PB, cheese and Saltine thing was another one of mine.

Also, get a bowl of applesauce, and dip Ruffles in it. SO GOOD.

Jen said...

I still can't smell certain things without memories of our Mixtures days coming back to me.