Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas in Holland.

We arrived on Christmas Eve night amidst much drama (a fight with my sister; she was wrong and I was right, of course). After worrying for about 2 hours, Dad finally arrived much later than he had planned to. Spent a very interesting Christmas Eve with Mom, my stepdad, my dad, my sister and my niece Paige.

Christmas day, I woke up at about 6:30 and ran out in the living room to get my stocking. I excitedly brought it back to the bedroom and woke up Jeff so he could share in my joy. He told me to go back to bed (quite grumpily, I might add).

Later in the day, we woke up and prepared for the arrival of The Family. For only-child Jeff, I knew this would be a Christmas to remember. All together, besides us, my mom and my stepdad, we celebrated with:

Steph (stepsister), Dave and their 3 boys
Nikki and Ron (her boyfriend, on and off, of several years now)
Missy and her 2 boys
Katey, Nick (no comment) and her 3 kids

That's 15 people, if you're counting. Plus those of us who were already there. (And that's just the immediate family.)

I expected Jeff to be overwhelmed the whole thing, but he really loved it. My family, who were polite to him the first time, now treated him like one of their own (which he loved). My mom showered him with more presents than she gave me. Paige has taken to calling him Uncle Jeff.

Today, his parents and son came over and we did the Morgan Christmas experience over here. (Yes, they came to OUR place, which, thankfully, was still pretty clean from the Cookie Swap of '04 last weekend.)

All in all, our first Christmas together was wonderful. We managed to see both families in the 3 days he had off (shut up, Kishelle). ;) I feel truly blessed.

And now, I must prepare for a Very Loaded New Years (two words: "open bar"). But first: I would like to begin a conversation about Our Favorite Christmas Gifts. Yes, I know Christmas is about family and friends and Jesus's birth...but I also know that you got a gift or two you're dying to brag about. My favorite gift is probably the Ryan Newman jacket I got from Jeff. How about all of you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Jeff loved spending time with our family. Does that mean you might bring the same guy home for Christmas 2 years in a row? That would be a first- EVER, and I think its great.

Jen said...

I'm guessing that's Missy.

Yeah, I'm kinda fond of him. I think I'll keep him.

And what was YOUR favorite present?

Anonymous said...

Yes its me, and I got alot of nice things but I honestly think the best thing was seeing my all excited then I had to come to work and I have to admit I cried alittle and it sucked. I really like that candle though thanks. Love Ya Melissa

Jen said...

Yeah, I bet it WAS hard to leave them but at least you got to be there with them while they opened everything. It woulda really sucked to miss THAT.

keesh said...

I got some Sexy Perfume from Victoria Secret that i love! Shawn gave me money to do what i want with and I want new bras and underwear so that is probably what I will spend at least some on. This year was mostly about Mason though. It was fun to watch him open his presents. it was funny because with every gift he opened he wanted to stop and play with it. It was hard to keep him going.

hey Jen- you were 10 minutes away and you didn't even call ;). Just kidding.