Friday, December 03, 2004

Happy Birthday Rudolph!

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer turns 40 this year!

I heard on the radio that the Rudolph Christmas Special is running this season for the 40th consecutive year! It's the longest continuously running Christmas Special ever.

I love that campy stop-animation special, along with the others about Jack Frost, the Abominable Snow Man, how Santa Claus came to be and the rest! Growing up I'd watch them every year.

What Christmas Specials are your favorites?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Charlie Brown Christmas, yeah, definitely. (Heh--I sound like Rainman.)

Jen said...

This is from an email conversation I had with Missy (for some reason, she's having a hard time posting on my blog):

From Missy.

Hey I just heard on TV that Destiny's Child have re-done the Rudolph Christmas Special. They are singing and they have added 3 little black girls as a big part of the story. well I don't know who big of a part but I would think there pretty such stealing Rudolph's show. It reminded me of your Blog conversation- and I think that is shitty, they should never mess with the old Christmas show. EVER. They have now ruined it forever.