Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Baby fever.

I just read a post at Kishelle's blog that prompted the following (go ahead and read it. I'll wait).

Ready?

You want to talk baby fever? I have it bad. It's been 12 YEARS since my last kid. And with my sisters constantly popping them out, there's always a baby to hold...and being around the kids at the preschool and having so much fun with them...they just bring me pure joy, you know? And I'm getting older, and I've met someone who is absolutely fabulous, who I'm totally in love with, and who is going to be a great daddy (hell, he is NOW). Plus, I've been able to keep Fancy alive since APRIL. That's got to count for SOMETHING, right?

At the same time, though...I mean, I still like to sleep in. A LOT. And at the end of the day, I get to go home. To an apartment with no kids (unless you count the guinea pig). And it's pretty nice.
And I like having alone time. Which you don't get when you have a kid.

Still, the rewards of HAVING kids are priceless.

But at the same time....oooohhhhh, they can be little shits, can't they? As Kishelle knows, they can try your patience and just INFURIATE you to no end.

Still, I really kinda want one. Too bad Jeff wants to be "married" and "financially stable" first. (HELLO? Has he MET my family?!)

2 comments:

Jen said...

I can just see the whispers of shame at family gatherings.

"That's Jen and Jeff over there. And little Jeff Jr. He was conceived IN wedlock, poor thing."

Jen said...

Update:

If my shift had lasted another half hour today, I probably would have tied my OWN damn tubes.

My baby fever is cured.