Monday, August 23, 2004

My first day of preschool.

Today we switched from summer camp to our pre-K program. I am now an assistant teacher (I don't know if that's my official title, but it's what I'm calling myself) to 3 and 4 year olds.

First of all, getting a group of kids that age to just sit DOWN is a major accomplishment. (I was much more successful once I got out the duct tape, though.) And they wander around. And cry. And talk when they aren't supposed to. And tug on your shirt, saying, "Teacher, guess what?" over and over until you either answer them or drive a pencil into your eye.

But having said all that...I really had a great day. Even though I have the early shift and have to be there at 6:30. Yes, that's the time I have to BE THERE. At 6:30. In the MORNING. If you've known me longer than a day, you know that I'm not a morning person. Let alone a get-up-at-5-in-the-morning person.

Good times.

No comments: