Tuesday, August 31, 2004

A little TOO ironic, I really do think.

Smoking saved my life.

As anyone who has heard my car in the last six months or so knows, I need a new muffler. I took it in today to get an estimate of how much repairs are going to run me. Apparently, the hole is right below the car's ventilation system--and apparently, such a hole creates a carbon monoxide situation. Well, according to the mechanic (who saw the cigarettes in my car as he was pulling it in), had I been driving around with my windows up (running the air conditioning, for example), this carbon monoxide would have been in from the muffler, through my car's ventolation system and into my car through the vents. At this point, the mechanic said, I would have "gone to sleep and never woken up." It was only driving around with my windows down (from the smoking) that allowed this Death Gas to escape.

Weird, huh?

No comments: