Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I am my mother's daughter.

As most of you know, my mom is very--how you say--sesitive. Well, I had an incident yesterday at work that made even HER look like an emotional rock.

Tuesday was the first day of kindergarten for the afternoon kinder class (Monday was a half day and school was dismissed at 11). Well, one of our afternoon kinders was dropped off in the morning by her parents, who both work, and we were responsible for bringing her down to her class at 12:15. I was the staff member who was appointed to deliver her to Mrs. M's room.

I showed N. her classroom, including the number 2 on the door so she knows how to make sure she has the right room, took her to her cubby and desk, introduced her to her teacher, stood in the back of the room with the other "parents" to make sure she was adjusting okay, and then snuck out.

And promptly starting bawling in the hallway.

Again, this was Tuesday. Mind you, my first time meeting this kid was on Monday.

One of the parents looked at my sympathetically. "It's hard when your kids start school, isn't it?" she asked understandingly.

"She's not my kid!" I sobbed.

I chalk it up to PMS.

Even so, when our future child(ren) start school...Jeff's going to have to be the one to drop them off.

No comments: