Monday, August 30, 2004

Here's your update. Sheesh.

Since Renee is pretty close to inflicting bodily harm if I don't provide a wedding update, here you go.

Everything went just fine. It was a lovely evening.

Thanks for reading!

What? Not enough details?

The highlights:

We had to start about 15 minutes before sunset, as it was starting to sprinkle. (Luckily, the truly heavy rain held off until my mom and I were walking home from the bar. Yes, you read that correctly.) Of course, because of the clouds, we never really SAW a "sunset" per se, but the location was beautiful anyway.

Bobby, instead of wearing a mack daddy orange suit with a matching tophat as he had been threatening to, showed up in a very sharp white tux/suit thing. He looked SHARP. April cried when she saw him for the first time, since she had no idea he was going to do that.

The ceremony itself went great. It was, as desired by the bride and groom, very laid back, fun and casual. Bobby's self-written vows were entitled, "Our love is like a pancake mix." Instead of "I do," he replied with "Word."

It was truly a great, personal ceremony. I've always envisioned a large, relatively formal (ie, in a church, with flowers and a wedding dress and a reception and bridesmaids and all that) wedding for myself, but I am really inspired by how Bobby and April decided they wanted to get married--and then just DID it, on a South Haven beach with the people who really mattered to them.

Oh--and the officiant received a lot of very positive feedback on her performance. Everyone said I did a great job, that I didn't seem nervous at all (which is good, since I was pretty sure I was going to puke) and that I came off as very professional. It was actually a lot of fun. And I wouldn't mind doing it again.

Who's next?

No comments: