Sunday, May 02, 2004

It was free, and I was bored.

So...I went online and got ordained as a reverend on Friday. Yes, I'm serious. I am now Reverend Jennifer Lynn Krzys with the Universal Life Church (ULC) . The ULC has only two beliefs, or doctrines: to "promote freedom of religion" and to "do that which is right."

I can legally perform marriages, funerals, baptisms, last rites, baby-naming, ceremonies, etc. Yes, that's right--I'm like Joey from Friends!

I do, however, have to buy certain certificates (baptismal, wedding, etc.) to fill out and provide as proof of legality, so...if you plan dying and having me conduct your funeral or something, let me know now so I can stock up. Or maybe I can just buy a "Ministry in a Box" (yes, they really sell that).

If you'll excuse me...I have to go do something reverend-y.

No comments: