Monday, May 03, 2004

My next big idea.

I'm going to start playing the violin again! See, I work as a special ed assistant at an elementary school. Part of my job is to accompany one of our E.I. (emotionally impaired) 4th graders to certain classes, which includes specials (music, art, gym, etc.). Well, lately in music, they've been deciding if they want to be in band or orchestra next year, figuring out which instruments they want to play, etc. And it's SO EXCITING. And it made me think back to the 5th grade, when I started playing the violin (for a year, until I got bored with it and switched to the clarinet). But I'm older now, and I was in band for years, and I can't even remember how to read music but I know it would all come back to me pretty quickly...

Anyway, I found a couple of places here in town where I could get the violin (not too expensive, either; also, the music teacher told me to check on eBay and stuff). And music lessons are only $15 for half an hour (at least, I THNK that's what the guy said, but it was pretty loud in the break room when I called. Hell, maybe it was $50. Note to self: check on that).

So...yeah. Yes, this is the same girl who is a bit financially strapped at the moment. However, I NEED a creative outlet, I need culture, and I need a good way to destress every now and then.

Plus, who knows. Maybe I'm a prodigy in the making.

No comments: