Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Hopes and fears.

I had a job interview today (same position, different school). It was at 7:30 in the morning. I barely know my NAME at that hour, let alone possess the ability to charm an interviewer (AND pass the grammar and proofreading tests I had to take). However, I actually think it went pretty well. Rather than just showing my "interview personality," I was able to relax enough to let my real self come through. (And if the real me came through, then we all know I don't have a chance in hell of getting this job.) She said I should hear something within a week...

Now for the "fear" part. I'm scared of a few things. I'm scared of falling in love. I'm scared of heights. But those fears I confront. I take them on and attempt to do something about them. There's one particular fear, however, that I haven't been able to overcome.

First of all, let me say that I took an unexpected detour on the way home from work today and spotted some horses. And just seeing these Animals of Death brought THIS on...

Okay. You know how you can feed a horse by putting an apple on your flat, outstretched palm? I can't. The thought terrifies me. I am convinced that the horse will bite my hand off in an apple-induced frenzy. I don't know if there was some traumatic childhood incident that I've blocked out or what, but I CAN NOT DO IT. I can't even TRY to.

What are YOU all scared of?

No comments: