Sunday, February 18, 2007

It's raining men

In honor of Joelle's 25th birthday, a group of us went to a gay bar last night. And then we went to the strip club (which we had to do to get the guy teachers to agree to Destination #1. Well, that and the fact that "dude, maybe there'll be some hot lesbian action! Sweet!" There wasn't).

I have never seen so many young, HOT men in one place. It was kind of depressing, actually. THAT'S why it's so hard to find a good man--they're all dating EACH OTHER.

We had a blast, though. The table of guys next to us LOVED us proceeded to drag us out on the dance floor all night. Dear LORD, gay men can move. (So can straight guys PRETENDING to be gay so that they could grind up on innocent, unsuspecting women, as we discovered.) "God, I wish I were a gay man!!" I remember declaring on several occasions. (Exactly why, I'm not sure.) When we announced that we were leaving, a chorus of "Nooooooo!" rose from our new-found friends. We explained where we were going and invited them to go with us. Much to our drunken delight, they agreed: "Hell, I can be straight for a night," one of them said with a diva snap. It was hilarious.

They never showed up and actually, the strip club wasn't NEARLY as much fun as the gay bar. We didn't stay long. However, I woke up this morning more sore than I've ever been in my life. Dancing at Tubby's is WAY more fun than the treadmill or Tae Bo, I gotta say. I think I've found a new workout regimine.

5 comments:

Jen said...

PS, did I mention that I took Dave, this guy I've been on a few dates with? I lured him out with the promise of the strip club. I "forgot" to mention the stop we were making first. =-) He had fun, though. We're going to the zoo today, although it's a pretty chilly 63 degrees out.

keesh said...

Sounds like you had fun :).
Recipes, HELLO???!! NEE< did you forget me????

Fred said...

Actually, it sounds like you already went to the zoo.

Jen said...

Anna, I really WANT my own gay. There guys were SO MUCH FUN and I woulda loved to hang out wth them again....if we had known that they weren't gonna show up at the strip club, we coulda gotten their #s or something

Nik said...

Hell yeah-- a gay bar and a strip club in the same night. Sounds like I was in the wrong damn place! Glad you had fun though and happy belated birthday Joelle!

If it makes you feel better, I don't have my own gay. Gotta work on that though.