Thursday, November 17, 2005

A story that needs to be told.

In honor of SPC Tommy Byrd's service and sacrifice, I hope you all take a moment to pause and reflect on this young man's amazing life. No matter what your feelings are regarding this war (and I know we all have different views), Tommy's a hero, as is each and every serviceman and woman over there.

To date, over 2,000 heroes have died in the Iraq war (2,077 as of this posting). This is Tommy's story.

http://www.somesoldiersmom.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

LoraLoo said...

I had a good cry over my coffee reading that... Yes, thanks for sharing, it was a very sad and touching story.

Jen said...

I know, Anna.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thank you for allowing me to feel this loss, though I did not know Tommy...It broke my heart to read of his funeral...I feel for his family, for his wife.....for all who knew him personally...that such a very young man should have lost his life is truly terrible, and such a waste...that 2077 men and women have lost their lives in this, forgive me, senseless war, is the most heart breaking thing about this story...May God Bless You Tommy Byrd.