Friday, November 18, 2005

The End of an Era

The decade of Jen in the Detroit-Metro area has come to an end. She came a small town girl and left a woman of the world. While here she got a couple of college educations. She conquered several career worlds including non-profits, business marketing, adult toys and teaching. She fell in and out of love with a variety of idiots. She made fabulous friends and had all sorts of new experiences. She had a good run.

A memorial service was held last week at the local bar, Bumpers, where many friends gathered to drink and party in her honor.

She will be missed. Jen is survived in Detroit by several ex-boyfriends, a couple of ex-cats and shall be missed by her devoted companion, Anna, and her bunches of grieving friends.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Hahhahahhhahh. No, I'm sorry, that's very sweet and I got a little verklempt, but it was pretty humorous, too.

You should have heard Jeff when I came in from saying goodbye to you last night. He saw me and was like, "Oh, geez." LOL. I said, "I need a HUG." Then I begged him to marry me again so I wouldn't be deported. =-)

Jen said...

Okay it's 5 pm and I'm here....

Fred said...

Make sure you hold on to some of those adult toys. You just never know...

Fred said...

Ewwww...

Jen said...

I did not use the WHOLE KIT.

Just one or two select products. ;)

Jen said...

Renee will be in Holland for a few days starting on Tuesday....sounds like she may be joining Kacey, Kish and I for a cookie swap/dinner thing on Sat. The good times continue to roll. =-)