Friday, November 04, 2005

I'm doing dishes.

Yes, WHILE packing and grading papers, I am SIMULTANEOUSLY doing the dishes. "How is that possible?" you may wonder. Well, I am employing the Jeff Method of washing dishes. The JM involves filling the sink with water and soap, piling in the dishes--and then walking away. Indefinitely. It's not uncommon for him to "do the dishes" over an entire weekend.

So, since I'm already doing laundry (the real way, which requires me to navigate the miles of underground tunnels to the laundry room--which, based on the length of the walk, is somewhere near Lansing) and going to 5 different stores to beg for boxes and packing and renewing licenses and going to the bank and doing school stuff and a MYRIAD of other activities--I am reverting to the JM style of dish-washing.

AND, might I add, I am doing all of this with a Debilitating Injury (I sliced the knuckle of my thumb last night on Jeff's Contraption of Death, otherwise known as his beard trimmer).

8 comments:

keesh said...

Um Jen, what were you doing with his beard trimmer to slice your knuckle? I mean, fingertip I could understand, but knuckle? YOu had to work pretty hard to get that slice :)>

Jen said...

You people are not right.

It was sitting on the soap dish tray thing near the socket, and I went to plug in my hairdryer, and grazed my knuckle.

keesh said...

It is your story Jen, you tell it anyway you want to hon :)

Nik said...

LMAO-- I love it! Way to multi-task Jen. Be careful where you put that trimmer, it could be dangerous. hehehe

keesh said...

Yes Rob and that is why you keep coming back for more ;0

Jen said...

I'm moving two weekends from now and yes, as of right now, I AM taking my stuff.

keesh said...

Nee- you think wayyyyyyy tooooo much.. isn't that amazing what ends up happening when our husbands are gone. we think and think and think... :)LOL.

Jen- so do you NEED my phone # for when you get moved? Or do you have it? And better yet, will you use it?

Jen said...

Hey, I'm coming home in less than 2 weeks!!

Not THIS weekend, but the weekend after that...the weekend of the 19th I think it is. We should get together to celebrate one of those nights. will you be talking to Kacey soon?