Monday, March 05, 2007

Checking in

Things have been very busy lately. Last week, we had the FCATs, the big standardized test here in FL. They're a BIG deal around here, as it determines how we're doing as a school, our rating and even our funding (to a certain extent).

We're done with those now (at least middle school is), but now I have yearbook keeping me busy (it's supposed to be done at the end of the month, but I have no freakin' idea how we're going to get it finished in time since kids keep dropping out for sports, etc); the school spelling bee is next week (I'm the middle school coordinator)....oh, and I just realized that the BIG spelling bee, to be held across the state in April (the one that our top 3 finalists from next week's school bee will compete in, along with students from all over the state from different schools in our charter school "company") is the same day as the March of Dimes walk that I signed our school up for/organized a team for. Oops. (I HOPE I can get one of the other teachers to go with my middle school kids to the spelling bee, but since that probably won't happen, I'll have to contact the other walkers and say, "Okay, I know I got you all to sign up for this walk, but now I won't be there because of the spelling bee....will you still do the walk anyway?" Then I'll have to contact those who pledged me and see if their contribution can still be applied to my school's team, assuming we'll still have one, or if they would like a refund if I end up not walking.

We also have other things keeping us busy this week and next--parent conferences, report cards, etc--but these are the main things on MY plate. Oh, and not to mention getting started back up with Pure Romance and trying to get parties book so I have a head start for the summer (not to mention money for NOW).

Oh yeah, and there's still my work with Soldiers' Angels.

And seeing Dave quite a bit, mostly on weekends.

What's up with all of YOU?


2 comments:

Fred said...

Welcome to the FCAT crap, Jen. It sucks.

Anna - nice to get an update. Let us know when to expect pictures from the housewarming party. Knowing you guys, it outta be a good one.

Nik said...

Geez woman, when ever do you get to drink? lmao

Seriously though, I hope that your kids do well in the spelling bee. You can keep my donation and put it towards the team if ya don't end up doing the walk. You meant to be there and you woulda been if it weren't for the spelling bee thing, so it still counts in my book.

Oh and just because I have to give you shit--- Dave's don't exactly fare well in our family. Just a thought.
No for real, hope things are going good for you guys. Love Ya