Sunday, March 18, 2007

Happy Birthday
I know this is way overdue, but I was unable to post since Jen switched to the new blogger. Anyway, Brent turned 6 on February 24th. I can't believe he's SIX already! Some days feel like they're lasting weeks-- the days I'm counting the seconds until bedtime-- and others go by way too fast. And the YEARS... it seems like only yesterday I was puking my guts out morning, noon and night for 5 months and then having the worst acid reflux in history for the remaining 4 :-)

On his actual birthday, we did presents at our house. That occured at about 7:04 a.m. Here he is in the Batman stuff he wanted so badly and hasn't put on since :-)

We also gave him his choice of restaurant for dinner. John and I were incredibly pleased that he chose Don Pablos over Mc Donald's or IHOP or something equally disgusting. The closest Don's, however, is just over an hour away. Since we were supposed to have a winter storm later that night, we decided to go for a late lunch/early dinner so as to miss the nasty weather. The weather came early. It started while we were eating, and by the time we left, it was whiteout conditions! It took us over 2 hours to get home. The food was worth it, though, and Brent just watched a DVD on the way :-) When we finally got back, we had birthday cake. Brent has been wanting me to make a Nickelodeon Green Slime cake for the last 6 months or so, and he finally got it. After taking the video of us sliming the cake, my camera was full and I didn't get a still shot of it, and I can't figure out how to post a video!

The following weekend, we went to Michigan to celebrate his birthday with my family. He had SO much fun playing with my cousin's kids; one is 10 months older than Brent, the other is 10 months younger! I don't want to put pictures of her kids on the blog, so here's one of Brent acting silly, and one of he and I reading a card. Why do people even waste money on birthday cards for kids? They don't care about the CARDS! :-)








Many of you know that I like to play Betty Crocker as often as I can. I let Brent choose from 4 or 5 fairly portable cakes to take to MI with us, and he chose this Hamburger Cake. He wanted to help, so I let him mix the batter and put the "ketchup and mustard" on. The ketchup and mustard was a LOT of control for me to give up, but I kept my mouth shut and just let him go after it, at the risk of ruining my masterpiece :-) He actually did a pretty good job, I think!
Almost a month late, but Happy Birthday, Brent!

2 comments:

Nik said...

That cake frickin rocks! I swear, if you weren't married and chicks could be, I'd be all over you!

So, has he used the Batman stuff since this post or still nah? I'm curious cuz that's pretty sweet gear. He is such a cutie and I can't believe how big he's getting.

Happy Belated Birthday to ya Brent!

Jen said...

I'm glad the "deleting you and reinviting you" thing worked.

I am just AMAZED that you made that cake all by yourself. It looks professional, seriously.

WOW.

and happy birthday, Brent!!!!!!