Thursday, September 28, 2006

So it's not just a clever name?

My elderly, conservative grandmother was quite upset last night when Jerry Springer * made it through another week on Dancing with the Stars. (Due to her religious convictions, I am quite sure that she probably sees Jerry as the devil incarnate.)

"People are just voting for him because he's a celebrity," Grandma huffed to Mom last night.

??????????????????????

"Um, Mom?" my mother slowly began. "They're ALL celebrities. That's why it's called Dancing with the STARS."

"Oh, you know what I mean," Grandma said. "People are just voting for him because he's on TV." Then, just before hanging up, Grandma added with a heavy sigh, "Well, I'll try to get some sleep tonight."

(*I have to say, I actually think he's incredibly endearing and funny on this show. His comments are hysterical, and the whole reason he's doing this show is so he can learn to dance for his daughter's upcoming wedding.)

6 comments:

keesh said...

I agree with you Jen, for some reason I find him very interesting and on a total different leval than his TV show...I can't believe how good some of these people can dance. WOW! I am just amazed!

Mom said...

She's not elderly.

She's only 79.

JH said...

yes and since sex and the city got big, the 30's are the new 20's so that means the 70's are the new 60's.

Fred said...

I've never seen either show. Really. Lucky me, I think.

Jen said...

Thank God the 30s are the new 20s, since I'm about to enter that decade one month from today.

Nik said...

Your grandma is too funny. So was she able to get any peaceful sleep, or did it bother her that much?