Friday, March 25, 2005

Happy Easter.

For a while now--most of my life, really--the true meaning of Easter has escaped me. I've always known, of course, that there was more to Easter than jelly beans and stuffed bunnies, but I've never really stopped to really acknowledge the "reason for the season," if you will. (I know, I know--that's Christmas, but just go with me on this one.) I mean, to be honest, I'm not even EXACTLY sure of the history of Good Friday. I THINK it's the day Jesus was killed and buried in the rock cave thingie, and then on Easter He rose. Or maybe that's Palm Sunday that He died...but then what's the story on Good Friday? Discuss.

Anyway, I know everyone has different beliefs and I'm certainly not one to force my religious convictions on anyone else. However, I do want to wish everyone a truly blessed Easter.

(And Anna, our thoughts and prayers are with you this weekend.) ;)

1 comment:

keesh said...

Jen-

After talking with my Grandma I have learned that Good Friday is the day he was killed on the cross and buried, then Easter Sunday is the day he ressurected (however you spell that) back to heaven where he started from. I never knew the meaning of Easter until I was like 23 or something and it was becuase I saw a child I baby sat for sunday school paper she had done. I know we all don't have the same beliefs but I am so thanful we have a place to be different and that is OK, we can make our points but not hate someone if they don't agree. Thank you to Renee for allowing that especially. she knows what I mean...

And no matter what you believe, GOD BLESS YOU ON EASTER SUNDAY!