Sunday, February 24, 2008

I may be the worst teacher in the world....

but I never knew that Puerto Rico had delegates in our elections until about 2 minutes ago. Am I the only one?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080224/ap_on_el_pr/puerto_rico_republicans

It makes sense, of course, since they're a US territory, the citizens are considered American citizens too, etc (I know THAT much)--I guess I just never stopped to think about it.

Also: I discovered today that I have gained 10 lbs since getting all sane and crap last summer. This is on top of the 10 lbs I had already gained back prior to THAT.

If it weren't for all the meds, I would be really, really depressed about that right now. ;)

(Seriously, though, I have some work to do. I knew I had gained weight but didn't realize it was that much. I shouldn't have weighed myself so close to V-day, as I'm still swimming in chocolate goodness. Damn. I do great when I'm on eDiets, etc., but apparently it all goes to hell when I try to do it on my own. And the sad thing is, I'm still exercising, even--4-5 nights a week, 30 min. at a time. Clearly, it's time to step that up.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I certainly wouldn't have guessed that Puerto Rico would have delegates since they don't have any Representatives or Senators. They have no representation in the country that rules them. It's effectively taxation without representation, like why the US declared independence from England. But it's nice that they get a couple of delegates.

Renee said...

Um, yeah. What Anna said :-)

Nik said...

Good point Anna. I'm not sure I understand why they have delegates, but no Reps/Sens either. That's kind of ass backwards, IMO.
Jen, you've taught us all something, here, so wouldn't that make you a good teacher? ;)

Nik said...

Shit, forgot to address the other "issue". Jen, I know you won't believe me, but 10-20 lbs more and I can almost guarantee that you still look great. Having said that, you've already proven to yourself that you can lose weight and meet your goals, so good luck and I wish you the best.

Try being my weight for awhile, then you'd have something to complain about. I would love to weigh what you do.

Renee said...

Me too, Nik. When we went out for dinner with her in FL she was complaining about how "fat" she's gotten. Meanwhile, I'm walking next to her wearing a snug 14. Bitch ;-)

Jen said...

LOL. Thanks, Renee and Nik. It was just depressing to see that I gained back 2/3 of the weight I worked so hard to lose. (In my defense, some of it--I dont know how much, maybe 5--is water weight from the pills. The rest is due to increased appetite. Well, increased appetite that I satisfy with alcohol, McDonalds, pizza.....

=-)

You are all welcome for the civics lesson.

Renee said...

I feel your pain, though. I had lost 20 pounds, and I've gained 10 of it back. It was SO EASY the first time, but then even easier to fall back into old habits when I thought I could do it on my own. I'm just not as motivated this time, maybe because I saw how easy it was to gain it back and I don't want that again. I guess it's up to me to make that (not) happen. Today I'm starting back up on Weight Watchers.

Jen said...

I signed back up with eDiets and I got a "welcome back to eDiets you fat bitch" email. LOL.

Renee said...

Hahahahahaha! Yeah, I got a msg that says I haven't weighed in in like a month. I never UNsubscribed, I just hadn't been doing anything with it.