Thursday, June 07, 2007

Is there a doctor in the house?

I have this lump/bump thing on my left thigh. It's under the skin--like, the skin on my thigh is flat and smooth, but when you press on this spot, you can feel a hard mass underneath. It's not big--it's pretty tiny actually--but it's been there for a few months now. It's not in the groin area at all; it's on the front side of my thigh about halfway up from my knee. i didn't really worry at first because I've never heard of anyone getting thigh cancer and I figured it might just be a swollen lymph node or something (do you even HAVE lymph nodes in your thigh?), but since it's still there I'm becoming mildly curious. Is this something I should have checked out?

(Note: about 20 seconds after reading this, Mom will be Googling "thigh cancer.")

9 comments:

keesh said...

I am not a doctor...but you should have it checked just in case. in my opinion it is probably just a fiberoid or a cyst...but better safe than sorry...

JH said...

do you have a tic?

Jen said...

like a nervice tic? or like a flea-tick? No and I dont think so.

Jen said...

hahahahhahha I can't believe that I spelled "nervous" like "nervice." i almost deleted it and reposted it but it was so funny i decided to keep it up. it's the middle of the night and I just woke up so I wandered out here...and that's what happens I guess. =-)

Renee said...

LOLOLOL. John has one of those, too. His is fairly large, though, like the size of a quarter or maybe even a 50-cent piece. But it's been there for longer than I've known him and it doesn't hurt or anything, and he's never had it checked. 'Course, he's only gone to the doctor once in the 11 years I've known him. It can't hurt to have it looked at. While I'm with Kish in thinking it's probably nothing, I vote for having the peace of mind. Plus, knowing you, it IS "thigh cancer". LOL.

Jen said...

well if john's still alive and kicking it must not be too serious.

if I remember, i might mention it the next time I'm AT doctor, but I'm not going to make an appt just for that. ok thanks!

Renee said...

Yeah, that's a good idea. Lord knows you'll be there soon enough for SOMETHING :-)

Jen said...

Dave was making fun of me too (of course). I kindly reminded him that the time I DID have him bring me to urgent care, I had like 4 things wrong with me. I told him "I'm not a hypochondriac, I'm just very aware of possible health hazards."
=-)

Jen said...

Now there's one on my right side, too!