Tuesday, February 21, 2006

What the f*#^?

I'm reading an article about the current movement by certain Christian groups to ban gays and lesbians from adopting. "Now that we've defined what marriage is, we need to take that further and say children deserve to be in that relationship," says Greg Quinlan of Ohio's Pro-Family Network, a conservative Christian group.

No, you dumb f*#^. What children DESERVE is to be in a home, a loving, stable home, whether that's a single-parent or two-parent home, gay or straight. There are SO MANY CHILDREN in foster care right now, especially older (and often minority) kids who CANNOT be placed because some people only want to adopt a Caucasion infant with no problems or challenges, emotional, physical or otherwise. And you're telling me that it's better for those so-called "special needs" kids to live their lives in group homes or being bounced from foster home to foster home rather finding a forever home with a family who loves them?

This is a subject that, for some reason, incenses me to the very core. Maybe it's because children are involved. Maybe it's because it shows everything that I hate--literally, HATE--about some self-professed Christians (the ignorance shown by certain people who claim to be "compassionate" and "God-loving" just astounds me sometimes). But whatever the root of my passion, I'm about to get out there and march with those poor gay and lesbian rights groups.

As I've mentioned before in a couple of posts, I'm also pro-gay marriage, because let's face it, they can't f*#& up the "sacred institution" of marriage any worse than we straight people have with our sky-high divorce rates. But now, to say that gay people can't make fit parents?!?!

(For those counting, I have used the "f" word, albeit censored, 3 times in this post. That means I'm really, REALLY mad. Seriously, although I do swear like a trucker sometimes, I don't think I've EVER used that word so much in one post before.)

8 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

OMG...gays suck..no just kidding...i was trying to stir up trouble..

I think everyone should be able to marry and have childern..lots of striaght married couples abuse or negalect thier childerne..and some gays do too..there are bad seeds all over...

being gay should not chose for you what kind of family you have..

my best frined is a lesbian..she wants no kids, or to get married..but if she wanted too, i dont think anyone should stop her..

hmm, not sure if any of this even makes any sence....just forgot about this whole comment of it makes no sence..ummkay???

keesh said...

I say AMEN too! i have to agree, especially coming from a divorced home and knowing a lesbian couple who takes very good care of their kids that they have. All that should matter is how the home is going to provide for a child, not the living arrangement. AMEN

LoraLoo said...

I couldn't have put it better myself, all the F*&^ words included. :)

Nik said...

I used to be not so keen on the whole gay/lesbian issue, but life has made me see how ignorant I was. I can't really add much more to this convo than what's been said already. It is totally f'ed up and pathetic that this is the world we live in.

Jen said...

But Nik, at least you're open minded enough to CONSIDER other points of view; you're open to change and you're willing to let your OUTLOOK change. That's what sets you way apart from the truly "ignorant" people.

Jen said...

Hahhahhahha....I was trying to say that she was a world apart from ignorant people. Sheesh.

Nik said...

LMAO-- you 2 are frickin nuts! Thanks for the umm compliment Jen.

Nik said...

Hmm, and you all bitched at me when I didn't update my blog for a while!!

Jen, where you at??