Friday, February 03, 2006

And the good news just keeps coming...

Again, adapted from an email...

I got a job today. Again, I've kept the interview to myself so I wouldn't jinx it. I was hired today as the lead teacher for the school-age kids at a national child care/ learning center (which I won't identify on here, as I'm sure there will be days when I'm ranting about it). ;) I'll be working 11-6; kindergarten kids in the morning and then the school-age kids after school. I'll also help with running their camp this summer. My previous experience and newly acquired certification lines up perfectly with what they were looking for, and she technically hired me about 10 minutes into the interview--"but I guess I should ask you some questions first before offering you the job on the spot," she laughed.

The money isn't GREAT but 1) it's more than the JC 2) it's actually pretty good for the child care field and 3) at least I'll be teaching....PLUS, I'LL GET BENEFITS!!! (Can you say "allergy shots"? Holla!)

So it's been a busy and mighty successful couple of days. And the best is yet to come this weekend!!

4 comments:

keesh said...

You know I am thrilled for you! Looking forward to the girls get together tonight. So far the two girls I asked can't come, but I just asked one more and she might be able to make it...HOLLA

Fred said...

YAYYYYYYYY!

Nik said...

*doing the happy dance* Congrats to ya and I hope things work out for ya.

keesh said...

when do you start?