Saturday, April 24, 2004

Dental damn.

I went and got a tooth pulled today. After taking almost a bottle of ibuprofin in the last week, I figured it was time to do something about it. And since it's the very back tooth on the top right--which no one is ever gonna see anyway--I didn't want to spend the hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a root canal.

It actually wasn't too bad--and I am a HUGE wimp when it comes to pain. And doctors. I asked if he could prescribe me something for the "discomfort" I'm going to feel as soon as the shots wear off, and he asked me what I wanted. (Whoo hoo! I get to CHOOSE? This is my kind of dentist!) "Crack?" I asked hopefully. (Seriously, I need something STRONG.) He countered with Tylenol 3. Fine, whatever.

So, the tooth that has caused me extreme agony for the last week--and has brought me to three different dentists--is gone. I asked if I could keep it for the Tooth Fairy (after all, this extraction isn't paying for itself), but the assistant said something about it being a "bio hazard." Damn.

No comments: