Wow. Time kinda got away from me here, huh? Well, as most of you know, here's what has happened in the months since my last post:
- Dan and I spent a few days together when I was home for Christmas break....and it was incredible.
- We realized, very quickly, once I returned to FL that being apart was no longer an option. 20-something years was long enough.
- He bought a one way ticket down here at the end of January.
- We were engaged within a few days of his arrival.
- We'll be married before the end of 2011, although our summer wedding may become a fall one.
And, more recent developments....
- His kids will be living with us full time during May and part of June, while his ex also moves down to FL, settles in, find s a job, etc (and they'll be going to my school!)
- Needless to say, we need to upgrade to a bigger apartment, although we'll stay in the same complex (and Ft Myers)--at least for the next year
- His older son may end up staying with us full time, although we certainly don't know that for sure yet
Hopefully, I can be forgiven for my lapse in blogging. ;)
I have never, ever, ever been this happy. He has truly made all the pain and heartache I've gone through worthwhile.
I've finally found my happy ending--no. My BEGINNING.