Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Only funny because it wasn't happening to me

We needed to do laundry, so Chad graciously agreed to take control of laundry duty. (We do not have a washer/dryer in the apartment, but there are facilities on site. They're not far away but you definitely have to drive, especially when you're lugging a basket full of clothes. Side note: there are washer/dryer HOOKUPS in each unit, so my goal is to use my tax refund to get a set in here...especially after last night.)

Here was the ordeal.

1. We sorted the laundry.

2. Chad left.

3. Chad quickly returned. He had been sure that the detergent was still in my car from the last time he did laundry. After searching all over the apartment, we came to the realization that the last time Chad did laundry, he left our detergent behind. We knew it probably still wouldn't be there, but Chad assured me that, in a pinch, you could use shampoo. (A true bachelor.) He left again with $1.25, the cost of washing a load.

3. Chad left.

4. Chad quickly returned. Apparently, they raised it to $1.50 on January 1, so he had to come all the way back for another quarter.

5. Chad left.

6. Chad quickly returned. The washer he used was broken--it turned on but no water actually filled the tub. He took another $1.50.

7. Chad left.

8. Chad quickly returned, this time with the clothes. The SECOND machine he tried to use was also broken (which, again, he didn't find out until he had already put the money in)--this one didn't even turn on.

8. We were now out of quarters, it was 10:30 pm, and the clothes were covered in shampoo.

This whole time, I was working on my laptop in the living room. The first few times he came back, I would kind of groan and commiserate with him. But on that final return (which was, what, the 3rd? 4th?)--when I glanced up and saw him walk in, still WITH the clothes, even after all those trips--I had to use every ounce of strength not to bust out laughing, since he was SO pissed at this point and it wouldn't go over well. And had it been ME, I would have been horribly irate, as well.

But it wasn't...and therefore, it was funny as all hell.

7 comments:

Renee said...

LMAO!

So... are you guys shacking up?

keesh said...

my question too Nee...

"WE don't have a washer/dryer"

doing your laundry....hmmm, I see marriage???

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOLOL

Jen said...

Oh, you could not be more wrong.

I mean, yeah, technically, he's staying here while he starts his new job and saves up some money for his own place. He sleeps on the couch tho, and is actually dating this other chick. He's just one of my bffs.

Renee said...

Well I knew you guys weren't "together" since you set him up with the dyke on NYE :-) I just meant, is he living with you :-)

Kishelle said...

Is he a "friend with Benefits" :). tee hee...aside from doing your laundry i mean...ha ha

anna said...

Yup - funny as hell!