Sunday, May 06, 2007

A good day

Dave picked me up at one this afternoon (or, as I like to refer to it, "the crack of dawn") and we went mini-golfing, where I proceeded to KICK HIS ASS. It should be noted, once again, that Dave is a CERTIFIED GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT. Now I know that mini-golf (or "putt-putt," as they call it down here) is way different from real golfing--even so, Dave's played a significant amount of golf in his day and I beat him quite severely.

Actually, I only beat him by 3 strokes; I was up by as much as 11 by one point but then I started feeling kind of badly, so I started swinging one-handed and with my eyes closed. ;) It's kind of funny, because at one point my ball seemed to be defying gravity--it would come to a complete stop and then roll uphill and sideways and all kinds of Matrix-type shit. I hit THREE holes in one, a personal record (AND I won a free game). And on a side note, I saw my first alligators today: the course had baby--and I use the term loosely, because they were still pretty damn big--alligators in the water by one of the holes (you could feed them, too, but we didn't do that).

After the game, we went to this cute little seafood place (where I, of course, had a burger and tried not to visibly gag as Dave ate WHOLE CRABS) and then went for a walk on the beach. It was a BEAUTIFUL day in Southwest Florida, that's for sure. The Gulf was warm and it was incredibly sunny. (Now, the neighboring county is under a tornado warning but Dave assures me that it's heading AWAY from us. Still, I'm keeping a wary eye on the sky.)

Really, we had a great day.

3 comments:

Jen said...

PS--Guess what I was watching when the tornado warning came across the screen? Yup. Twister.

keesh said...

hey mini-golf is pretty tough. winning is winning. you beat a Pro Golfer fair and square :). HA!

Renee said...

Woo hoo!! I'm with Kish-- a win is a win, no matter WHAT you're playing :-)

Sounds like you had a really fun day! Hopefully the tornadoes steered clear of ya :-)