Friday, May 11, 2007

And my day just got even better...

(Back story, for those who may not know: I have a daughter who I gave up for adoption 14 years ago. Although it was an open adoption and I've remained a part of her life, she didn't know who I really was until this past summer.)

I received an e-card from Amanda today.


And here's what she wrote.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!!! This is your first mothers day card from me. Wow is that weird calling you Mom. I love you and hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. Love You Lots from your Daughter, Amanda

I've been waiting 14 years for this card.

5 comments:

Edward said...

That is a beautiful card, Jen.

Renee said...

did everyone else email you about it like I did and that's why nobody else is commenting?

keesh said...

I emailed her. I am so happy for her! this is wonderful and very well deserved!

Renee said...

I know. I was practically bawling when I read it. It's so frickin cool... there just aren't words to express it. So I turned to tears. I'm good at that :-)

Jen said...

and anna said she hasn't been able to post, but I did hear from her...nikki apparently doesnt get over here anymore. =-(