Thursday, January 19, 2006

Six months later.

I first posted my starting stats on July 16....so it's been almost exactly six months since I started working out hardcore and eating better (I don't want to call it "dieting," since it's something I'll need to keep up for the rest of my life). Here, again, are those initial numbers:

Weight: 170 (I actually never posted this starting weight before, but if the people on The Biggest Loser can do it, then so can I)
Bust: 42
Waist: 36
Hips: 39

And NOW:
Weight: 140 (5 lbs past my initial goal and 5 lbs away from my new goal)
Bust: 39
Waist: 30
Hips: 34

Note that there's still only a few-inch difference between my waist and my hips. That's just the way I'm built; I do not have much of a defined waist, no matter how thin I get.

Here are some more pictures of me. I like them only because my face looks thin (see July 20 for those "before" pictures again). And I'm really not vain, I promise. I actually HATE, HATE, HATE having my picture taken, and I have to go through 40-50 bad ones (seriously) for every "good" one that I release publicly.

How YOU doin'?












This is my "come hither" look.












Look! Actual cheekbones! A defined jaw! One (albeit Leno-like) chin!

7 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

rock on girl..how did you lose the inches in your bust..I workout every damn day and can never get those boobs down..

we weigh about the same, and i was at about 175 after I had my last spawn...but I still feel like a big fat cow...but you look wonderful..you inspired me..thank you girl:)

Jen said...

LoB, you're right!! I have some great pics already for HNT, too. ;)

I only went down a couple inches in the boobs, Christina, and I don't think I'm going down anymore. That was just from the overall change in my body, I guess. I'm still a 38D, though, so I'm still packin' on top. How tall are you, Christina?

If I get down to 135, I'll be ecstatic. I suspect, though, that 140 will be easier for me to maintain. We'll see. (And I SHOULD be closer to 130, for 5'4", but we'll see.)

keesh said...

YOU GO GIRL> You look fabo! I started Taebo twice a week and abs 4 times a week, so far so good. it has been 3 weeks and i lost 2lbs. I really just want to tone, but burning calories is good too!! i am so proud of you J...you know I want you...kidding guys, put the imaginations to rest :).

Jen said...

Renee, I really do have a lot in the middle that I could still get rid of.

How's this for irony: the first year since 2000 or so that I'd be willing to wear a bathing suit is the first year since 2000 that I'm not living in an apartment complex with a pool. =-)

Kish, yes, Tae Bo rocks.

keesh said...

Yeah, but Jen you live 10 minutes from Lake Michigan and you are SO going there with me this summer...

Jen said...

Oh. Yeah, Holland IS right on Lake Michigan, isn't it? I forgot.

Isn't the water, like, dirty and stuff though?

And Kish, I don't think I can wear a bathing suit around YOU and KACEY. You guys are WAY skinny. I'm just less fat than I was. But hey, at least it'll give me motivation to keep on the treadmill.

Jen said...

If you guys get a pool boy, I am TOTALLY moving in with you.