Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My baby daddy.

M. and I have been kind of writing back and forth. I just sent him some pictures of Amanda and he wrote back to tell me how "pertty" she is, "just like you." Whatever, playa. He also told me where he works and asked me to stop by sometime to see him.

For the record (since both my mom AND Andrea, the adoptive mom, have said something about it): I have NO INTENTION, whatsoever, of getting back together with my baby daddy. That train has done left the station. However, I do like to keep in contact with him because, SOMEDAY, Amanda will know the truth, and I want to be able to tell her about her biological father--who he is, where is he, what he's doing, etc. Hell, someday he might have the chance to see her again, so I'd like to be able to know how to find him. Plus--and here's the main thing--I don't even harbor any ill will towards him anymore. Yes, he wasn't around a whole lot during the pregnancy, but he never wanted me to give her up at all. That must have been hard for him to deal with, having the mother of his child doing something regardless of what HE wanted. (And yes, I'm well aware that he didn't have a right to say ANYTHING for a plethora of reasons, but I'm just looking at his side of things.) Also, he went through that whole adoption thing on his own, without any counseling or anything. Hell, I HAD counseling and I almost went crazy my damn self--I can't imagine how hard that whole thing must have been without it. He is far from perfect and he did so many things wrong that I don't have time to list them all here, but at the same time, enough time has passed for me to acknowledge that that whole period must have been hell on him. (And hey, he DID come back to propose--ring and all--when I was in college.)

LOL, and I think I got him in trouble with his latest girlfriend or fiancee or whatever, because he asked me to write him back at his mom's address or at his work--because he "got some problum's at home," you see. (I am going to hell for making fun of his spelling, I really am, but damn if this latest letter doesn't provide me with ample material.)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Ask you shall receive, Anna.

I'm not sure how I feel about the pink yet. But I was inspired by Kish's "makeover."

Jen said...

I KNOW. Especially with J. moving and everything, he's gonna have some GREAT stories to tell. Seriously, they suck.

eyes_only4him said...

wow, I love it when you say my baby daddy...Boy I cant even imagine how hard it would be to adopt your child..how you could do it without therapy is beyong me..wow..but at least you and the baby daddy are not at war, so that is nice..

I think i need to go catch up..I need to figure out whats going on over here..HAHA

Jen said...

Maybe I should rephrase...I don't harbor VERY MUCH ill will towards him. ;) I mean, I'm still bitter enough that I don't want to, like, become his new best friend or anything. I don't even want him back in my life on a regular basis. He did, after all, get me pregnant when I was 15 and then leave (and come back. And leave. And come back, all the while having another baby with another woman, at the same time, WHO WENT TO THE SAME OB-GYN THAT I DID).

Jen said...

PS, Christina, there was another post on Jan. 6 about this subject...there have been many others, of course, but they're all buried in the archives. The January 6 post should help to catch you up a little, though.