Thursday, August 25, 2005

I must have misunderstood.

I thought I was going to be helping out a junior high basketball tryout today. I must have been in the wrong place, though, because I apparently ended up at tryouts for the freakin' WNBA.

HOLY CRAP, those girls are good. You should have seen their guarding and ball-handling skills--not to mention all the other skills that I don't know the name for.

I think Mrs R is realizing that having me there is REALLY not going to be helpful to her at all. Frankly, she's probably better off by herself. Luckily, she's also in charge of Student Council, which is MUCH more up my alley. I'll talk to her tomorrow, after tryouts are done. I'll let her know that I can continue to help but my feelings won't be at all hurt if she wants to "fire" me. I'll also express my willingness to assist with S.C. instead--and then I'll just pray for the best.

10 comments:

keesh said...

I give you an "A" for effort :). Good job for trying anyway...Question - when exactly in NOv will you be moving to the homeland?

Jen said...

Towards the end of the month, not exactly sure of a date.

Nik said...

First off-- Jen I'm really not at all surprised by this. Just sit back and you may learn some things though.
Secondly, what the heck are you and Kish talking about?

Jamie Dawn said...

Sounds like they have a kick-butt team.

Jen said...

Nik: Oh, I'm moving home at the end of Nov. I didn't tell you that? Jeff's not renewing the lease on this apt (he's moving in with a friend) and I dont really want to get into another just yet (I need to find a job first cuz hell, I could end up ANYWHERE), so I'm taking a brief "intermission" and coming back to Holland. Are you excited??

Jen said...

Today, one of the students asked me if I played. I tried to keep my "game face" on. "I have," I said. (Which is true. Renee and I used to play in her driveway.) I didn't want to LIE but I also don't want them to know that I don't know what the hell I'm doing. She asked if I could shoot and I shrugged modestly. "Well, you know," I said. "Some days are better than others." (Which, again, is true. Some days I REALLY suck. Sometimes I just suck.) "Yeah," she said. "Sometimes you're in the zone, and sometimes you can't sink a shot for nothin." "I hear ya," I replied.

Jen said...

Yeah, that ain't ever gonna happen. =-)

Nik said...

lmao-- I'm fuckin dying over here. Sooner or later Jen, they're gonna find out you're an imposter! That whole convo was the best! Way to paly it off all smooth Air Bonehead. hehehe
BTW, hey thanks for telling me you're coming home, 'preciate it! It's amazing the things ya learn about your sister by reading her blog. Ya gonna shack up w/ the parentals then?

Fred said...

I would be the same kind of help. I'd take Student Council anyday.

Jen said...

Yeah, I'll be at Castle Nykamp until I go to Texas, and after that, who knows. If Thomas and I hate each other on sight, I'll come home and start looking for a teaching job around here (Michigan, maybe Indiana).